Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Emily will carefully review and discuss your medical history. She will take a genuine interest in you as a whole person, respecting that you are unique in your history as well as your genetic makeup. Expect her to treat you with patience and attention during your visit, because getting to know you and your history is crucial to developing an effective treatment plan. Dr. Emily will discuss necessary initial lab tests and will schedule your next Strategy Roadmap appointment.
The initial, Case Review consult fee is $350. This does not include Labwork which usually runs $199 from Labcorp.
- As of this time and due to COVID, I am able to see patients virtually, nation-wide. This most likely will be changing after COVID restrictions change.
- In the future, If you are NOT an in-state resident of Missouri, your initial visit at Enlighten Functional Medicine must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited access with our Enlighten Functional Medicine team in thier portal. However, if a question or request is deemed by our staff to be too complicated or involved for a quick response they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone or telemedicine consult instead of responding.
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. Emily Hecker. Canceling within 48-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine without notifying us you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
Enlighten Functional Medicine will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services. We wish our services were covered by insurance but they are not deemed qualified for reimbursement.
No. We do not provide acute care services and we do not replace the services that your primary care provides. We are seen as adjunct care to your prescribing and primary doctors.
- All lab tests ordered by Dr. Emily Hecker will not be billed to your insurance. They are self-pay.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Emily Hecker and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing, you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist.
Fees and Flow
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. My patient coordinator, Laci, is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Enlighten Functional Medicine is right for you.